What Could Your Church do with a Mobile App?Posted at May 10, 2011
Today’s guest post is from Chris Sharpe of thechurchapp.org. Chris and his team have established themselves as a leader in app development for churches, across both the iPhone/iPad market and Android. SiteOrganic is excited to be partnering with The Church App, offering our clients exciting integration and bundling capabilities not found anywhere else.
Technology is quickly changing our world and it’s becoming easier and easier to present the Gospel to new audiences in new ways. It’s been a joy for us here at Subsplash to create The Church App and work with some incredible ministries who are all about using technology to share the truth of Jesus Christ. We’ve had the privilege of working with Billy Graham, Saddleback Church, Mars Hill Church, IHOP, Harvest, and many more. We’ve even worked with several churches that have less than 50 members who are using the apps as an outreach tool. How cool is that? The Church App is a tool built and designed for churches of all sizes who want to have their own custom app in the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace to present the Gospel and keep people connected to their community. Just like SiteOrganic, we have a passion for making great software tools available to the Church!
Interesting facts about mobile and the Church
- People spend an average of 80 minutes per day using apps
- People spend an average of 30 minutes per launch of The Church App
- Nearly half of all Americans will use a smartphone by the end of 2011 (Nielsen)
- The Church App give people access to your video and audio sermons, news, blogs, calendars, and much more from anywhere, anytime
Things you can do inside of The Church App that you can’t do on your website
- Advanced Audio Player: Listen to audio in the background while multitasking, download audio to your app for offline listening, and have your audio sermon remember where you left off if interrupted
- Utilize your phones native features like Map and GPS
- Watch Apple approved high quality video that won’t drain your battery life, never buffers, and uses data efficiently
- Utilize a Music Player to sort by album and give users the ability to download songs
Other cool features of The Church App
- Calendar/Events: Create a custom calendar or integrate with your existing calendar
- ESV Bible: Include the entire ESV Bible, Audio Bible, and Life Journal Reading plan in your app
- Blog Reader: integrate with any RSS feed
- Social Networks/Sharing: Integrate with Facebook, Twitter and Email for social sharing of media
- Bulletins/News: Integrate your Sunday bulletin and any e-news
- Online Giving: Integrate with your online giving solution
- Short videos: Integrate with Youtube/Vimeo for short videos
We are excited to continue to dream and develop for the future of mobile technology and hope to see it used more and more for the advancement of God’s Kingdom. If you have any questions at all, we’d be happy to help!